The export is not an Excel spreadsheet as file type, but a .csv (comma separate values) file that can be opened in Excel. From there, you can save the file as an Excel spreadsheet. How to get the .csv file with your client data:
Navigate to the Reports menu (in the main left menu) > Clients section > Clients Report.
Choose from the 'Fields to include' drop-down list the data you wish to be included in the report. Simply check the options you desire (first name, last name, email, address, etc.) and run the report.
- Check the contact types you want to include and add the groups (if the case).
Once the report has been generated, at the top right corner of the report page you will have the option to download the report (as a .csv file).
Please note that you need to follow a specific set of steps to open a .csv file correctly in Excel:
- Open the file in Excel.
- Select the column with the data.
- go to the Data menu and select "Text to columns".
- In Step 1, choose "Delimited"
- In Step 2, select "Comma" as delimiter and " as text qualifier.
- Click on Next and Finish.